Pre-Marketing: China's VC slowdownOctober 1, 2012: 7:22 AM ET
* Floyd Norris: The myth of fixing LIBOR
* Charles Pierce: Life under Romneycare
* Mark Boslet: China's venture capital slowdown
* $100 million lesson: Why I got fired from Facebook
* Nitsuh Abebe: What being an indie rock star buys in 2012
* Found: Jeff Gundlach's stolen art
* Big deal: KKR buying Acteon from First Reserve
* The Pigeon Movement: France's last hope for startups?
* If Obama wins... Expect a quick Treasury Sec nomination
* David Veksler: Some lesser-known truths about programming
* Get Term Sheet: Sign up for our daily email on deals & deal-makers
* Tim Staermose: Private companies trying to borrow way out of debt
* Line of the day: "There's a strange contradiction in the Valley where investors say they crave the experience of a serial entrepreneur but also want the fresh eyes of a young entrepreneur in touch with the users of today."
* Tweet/image of the day: @ditzkoff The Simpsons slipped this "McBain Capital" billboard into tonight's opening credits.