Term Sheet

The latest on private equity, M&A, deals and movements — from Wall Street to Silicon Valley

Mergers & acquisitions

November 26, 2012: 10:58 AM ET

Knight Capital Group (NYSE: KCG) is in talks to sell its market-making business, according to the WSJ. Likely bidders include Getco LLC and Virtu Financial LLC. Knight raised nearly $90 million in equity funding back in August after a software glitch caused a massive trading loss. Investors in that package included Getco, The Blackstone Group, General Atlantic and TD Ameritrade. www.knight.com

Castanea Partners has agreed to sell Newport Beach, Calif.-based Urban Decay Cosmetics to L'Oréal(Paris: OR). No financial terms were disclosed, but WSJ puts the price-tag at between $300 million and $400 million. www.urbandecay.com

EQT Partners
 and Investor AB are in talks to sell Swedish medical equipment maker Gambro AB to 
Baxter International
 (NYSE: BAX) for approximately $4 billion, according to Reuters. www.gambro.com

IK Investment Partners
 is considering either a sale of floatation of German fire extinguisher makerMinimax, according to Reuters. The company generated around €1 billion in 2011 sales.www.ikinvest.com

Mohawk Industries (NYSE: MHK) is in "advanced talks" to acquire Italian ceramic tile maker Marazzi Group SpA, according to Reuters. The deal would be valued at around $1.2 billion. The Marazzi family holds a 51% stake in the Marazzi Group, while the remaining 49% is held by Permira and Private Equity Partnerswww.marazzi.it

SafeNet Inc., a Belcamp, Md.-based information security company owned by Vector Capital, has agreed to sell its government solutions unit to an undisclosed buyer. The company withdrew registration for a $300 million IPO earlier this year. www.safenet-inc.com

Posted in:
Join the Conversation
About This Author
Dan Primack
Dan Primack
Senior Editor, Fortune

Dan Primack joined Fortune.com in September 2010 to cover deals and dealmakers, from Wall Street to Sand Hill Road. Previously, Dan was an editor-at-large with Thomson Reuters, where he launched both peHUB.com and the peHUB Wire email service. In a past journalistic life, Dan ran a community paper in Roxbury, Massachusetts. He currently lives just outside of Boston.

Email a Tip | @danprimack | RSS
Current Issue
  • Give the gift of Fortune
  • Get the Fortune app
  • Subscribe
Powered by WordPress.com VIP.