Term Sheet

The latest on private equity, M&A, deals and movements — from Wall Street to Silicon Valley

Mergers & acquisitions

December 26, 2012: 8:48 AM ET

Adobe Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: ADBE) has acquired Behance, a New York–based online social media platform that lets users create and display creative works. No financial terms were disclosed, but various reports put the figure in the neighborhood of $150 million. The company had raised over $6 million in VC funding from Union Square Ventures and individual angels like Chris Dixon, Dave Morin and Jeff Bezos. www.behance.com

The Carlyle Group has agreed to sell Qualicaps Co. Ltd., a Japanese maker of capsules for pharmaceutical companies, to Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp. (Tokyo: 4188) for approximately $660 million. www.carlyle.com

Groupon (Nasdaq: GRPN) has acquired CommerceInterface, a provider of ecommerce channel management technology for manufacturers, distributors and retailers. No financial terms were disclosed. www.commerceinterface.com

Mohawk Industries (NYSE: MHK) has agreed to acquire Italian ceramic tile maker Marazzi Group SpA for €1.17 billion. The Marazzi family holds a 51% stake in the Marazzi Group, while the remaining 49% is held by Permira and Private Equity Partners. www.marazzi.it

Sign up for Dan's daily email newsletter on deals and deal-makers: GetTermSheet.com

Posted in:
Join the Conversation
About This Author
Dan Primack
Dan Primack
Senior Editor, Fortune

Dan Primack joined Fortune.com in September 2010 to cover deals and dealmakers, from Wall Street to Sand Hill Road. Previously, Dan was an editor-at-large with Thomson Reuters, where he launched both peHUB.com and the peHUB Wire email service. In a past journalistic life, Dan ran a community paper in Roxbury, Massachusetts. He currently lives just outside of Boston.

Email a Tip | @danprimack | RSS
Current Issue
  • Give the gift of Fortune
  • Get the Fortune app
  • Subscribe
Powered by WordPress.com VIP.