Pre-Marketing: What flu costs AmericaJanuary 16, 2013: 7:05 AM ET
* Robert Cyran: What the flu costs America
* Jesse Hicks: How Vegas casinos fight back against cheating
* Katie Benner: TPG drops out of Dell deal
* CB Insights: No sign of 'Series A crunch'
* Joe Lonsdale: Palantir worth up to $8 billion
* Crystal ball: Frank Aquila's 2013 M&A outlook
* Long overdue: MassPRIM gets a new private equity boss
* Jennifer Miller: How to solve problems like Sherlock Holmes
* Lucy Marcus: Insulated boardrooms are ineffective boardrooms
* Get Term Sheet: Sign up for our free daily email on deals & dealmakers
* Tweet of the Day 1: @cabaum1: What did Chuck Schumer get in return for his support for Hagel nomination? Promise from Obama not to touch carried interest?
* Tweet of the Day II: @gaberivera Apple should buyout Dell, shut it down, and give the money back to Apple shareholders. For irony.